[aloha-donblanding] Re: Biographical Questions

  • TikiRoom18@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2000

      << when I started collecting DB nearly 40 years ago, believe me, I was
      usually met with "Don who?" Only in the past 6 or 7 years have I encountered
      competition when I go hunting for DB books and other memorabilia. Used to
      be, i
      could get most of it very inexpensively! Now...well, with the internet and
      my
      website and now this group...Oh, well, I'm enjoying it, too. >>

      I see you also remember the days of the $3-5 editions of Don's books, eh? I
      am glad that there is now more of a demand for his remaining books. Don's
      talent certainly deserves this wider audience. The only downfall is when you
      have ONE more book to get and prices skyrocket because of competition.... oh
      well... Do you know that in some antiques and used book stores in Hawaii it
      is difficult to find Hula Moons for under $50-60? I'm talking about ANY
      edition! Here's a hint.. if you have extras laying around that you want to
      sell, commision them to Hawaii bookstores! :-)
      Thanks so much for answering my questions, it does help me get a fuller
      picture of this interesting writer.

      Aloha!
      larry