Tirbute to Don Blanding

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
      Aloha All

      Don Blanding was remembered at the 15th Anniversary of the Old Wailuku Inn
      Sept 22. Not only was his poem "at a Lu'au" presented as the menu in print
      and served(attached), a short tribute was done for him. Topped off with
      Haole Hula from DB's Junior League Production "Hula Moon" written by Alex
      Anderson. Joined by a "flash Mob" of hula dancers. This was all the
      appetizer course of a classic 1930's poi supper Garden Party celebration.
      Designed to take our guests (people who have supported the Inn) back in time
      when Ulupono the historic home of the Old Wailuku Inn was in its hey day. An
      event Don probably smiled upon from above. Paste the link below to our
      facebook Photo album of the event.

      _https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4785634238952.198395.1238640265&t
      ype=3_
      (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4785634238952.198395.1238640265&type=3)

      Thought all of you would appreciate this. Wish we could have hosted you
      all, as you would be the most appropriate guests for such an event.

      aloha
      Maui Tom

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
        Mahalo,

        For the great photos.

        Tom and Janice Fairbanks Innkeepers The Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono

        Bev.

        _____

        Don Blanding was remembered at the 15th Anniversary of the Old Wailuku Inn
        Sept 22. Not only was his poem "at a Lu'au" presented as the menu in print
        and served(attached), a short tribute was done for him. Topped off with
        Haole Hula from DB's Junior League Production "Hula Moon" written by Alex
        Anderson. Joined by a "flash Mob" of hula dancers. This was all the
        appetizer course of a classic 1930's poi supper Garden Party celebration.
        Designed to take our guests (people who have supported the Inn) back in time

        when Ulupono the historic home of the Old Wailuku Inn was in its hey day. An

        event Don probably smiled upon from above. Paste the link below to our
        facebook Photo album of the event.

        _https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4785634238952.198395.1238640265
        <https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4785634238952.198395.1238640265&t
        > &t
        ype=3_
        (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4785634238952.198395.1238640265
        <https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4785634238952.198395.1238640265&t
        ype=3> &type=3)

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
          I couldn't open up the attachments. I came up with Facebook but I don't belong
          to facebook. Just FYI but I'd sure like to see the photo's..tj

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2012
            Me too....cut and pasted them but no success