Re: [aloha-donblanding] Aunty Pinau

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 6, 2012
      She may have been popular in DB's eyes but not in Honolulu Haole Society
      and therefore you might only find her in few remaining Hawaiian Language
      newspapers of that time if at all that existed at the time and probably by her
      real name which was probably not Aunty Pinau.

      In a message dated 10/5/2012 4:57:10 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
      tjmarkle@... writes:

      The Librarian from the Univ. of Hawaii says she's having difficulty
      finding Aunty Pinau but thinks she has an possible death date of 1935. She will
      be checking microfiche tomorrow to see if she can find an obit. or anything
      else about her. Strange to me that she seemed so popular and then
      disappeared. Kind of like DB......tj

    • mauibandb@...
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2 10:39 PM
        yahoo

        In a message dated 2/2/2013 7:34:55 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
        tjmarkle@... writes:

        The Star-Advertiser has all my material to create their story. I would
        hope by sometime next week I'll know when it will run. It's looking good so
        far. tj