Aunty Pinau Painting (sold by SurfnHula)

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2012
      I've contacted the seller of the Aunty Pinau painting and asked if they might have records on who purchased the painting. I was thinking the buyer might know Aunty Pinau or be able to assist us some. We'll see what happens. The info on this website about the Aunty Pinau painting, says the following:

      "Very important signed original oil by much sought after and collected Hawaiian artist D. Howard Hitchock 1861-1943. Very unusual portrait of 'Aunty Pinau'. Kalaukalani. (Aunty) Pinau (died 1935) was a local Hawaiian personality around the turn of the century, friend to many of the local artists, entertainers and writers, she is referred to and written about in early publications by Don Blanding, among others."

      I have my shovel out and am still digging....tj
    • MICHAEL BROOKMAN
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2012
        Very cool! Happy hunting! michael