James C. Blanding - 2nd marriage

  • duchess017
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2012
      I decided to do a little digging through FamilySearch tonight and hit paydirt!

      James C. Blanding and Mary C. Anderson were married on September 9, 1894, in Townsend, Meagher County, Montana. Today, Townsend is the county seat of adjacent Broadwater County, southeast of Helena.

      The marriage records indicate he was age 45 and she 27. Estimated birth years, respectively are 1849 and 1867; however, we have other evidence that he was born in 1848 and that she was born in June 1869. There's another error in the records -- James was born in Wisconsin, not Susquehanna, PA (which is misspelled Susqurhanna!). Mary's birthplace is listed correctly as Sweden, but no other information.

      The records also confirm that James' parents were Joseph W. Blanding and Maria Coulter.

      So now we know their marriage date and place as well as her middle initial and surname.