Re: [aloha-donblanding] Aunty Pinau

    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 2, 2012
      According to what is in Hula Moons, she lived on Maui but had family in
      Honolulu. A possible last name is Kalakalani. I think Keith dug that up
      somewhere. So, Aunty Pinau Kalakalani could be her name. She had her portrait
      painted in the 1920's by Howard Hitchcock who was quite famous in Hawaii. The
      portrait sold within the last 10 years to someone but I don't know who bought
      it. I went into his website but found nothing so far. If she was important
      enough to have a portrait painting by a famous painter, she must have been
      somebody. An obituary would be a great find. I'll keep you posted if I come up
      with something. Aloha.....tj

      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 2, 2013
        yahoo

        In a message dated 2/2/2013 7:34:55 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
        tjmarkle@... writes:

        The Star-Advertiser has all my material to create their story. I would
        hope by sometime next week I'll know when it will run. It's looking good so
        far. tj