Re: [aloha-donblanding] James C. Blanding - Livingston, MT

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2012
      The Yellowstone Museum curator emailed with me and they found no photo's of
      James C. Blanding. I'm seeking photo's of any road crews if they exist so I can
      review them and by chance see a young DB. I really doubt anything exists in
      terms of photo's. There is a small hill inside Yellowstone named Blanding Hill
      that was named after James C. Blanding who graded the road around the hill and
      so was named after him. It really isn't critical but it would be fun to see a
      young DB working with his uncle. What I remember was that young DB would come
      to Livingstone via railroad and met his uncle. The train went to Gardner, the
      gateway to Yellowstone, where I suspect young DB stayed with his uncle. I have
      one photo of a 16 year old DB dressed in his Yellowstone work garb and I'd like
      to get one of him in Yellowstone proper. Oh well. We are not going further
      than Montana this year. From here we head to Las Vegas then home. tj