Newest poem

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2012
      I'm open to responses, suggestions or better yet, THE ANSWER. The new poem I purchased and now own is interesting. I personally believe it is a precursor to the 1923, Leaves from a Grass House, Vagabond's House poem. I'm guessing that my new poem by the name of, THE DREAM HOUSE OF A VAGABOND, led to his 1923 version. Much of the wording is the similar, though different, as is the title. The other possibility is that it was done after 1923 and eventually led to the final version published in 1928 as Vagabond's House. I don't know how to verify any of this yet but I suspect that clues might be held in the Star Bulletin columns done by Don. I don't have early Star Bulletin copy and so my research stops for now. We need help here to perhaps uncover the story of how Vagabond's House developed and became DB's signature poem. I think we're on the right road. tj