Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: "Vagabond's house", "The Dream House" or "The dream house of a vagabond"?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
      Yes, I sure of that. This poem had several similar names before it finalized to
      Vagabond's House. I would love a scanned copy of it for research purposes. I'm
      also quite a collector and might entertain a purchase if you might sell it. I
      have quite a collection of his original works. Where did you acquire this
      piece? I'm curious how it might have traveled to Europe. Thanks....tj

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
        I bought it with some other handwritten books and notes from an USA seller from Nebraska (she mentioned that she bought the lot from some estate, not connected with Don Blanding).

        Although I still didn't have a opportunity to research the diaries etc. from the lot, I don't believe that there are more original works by Don Blanding or his personal items. However, if something appears, I will share my discoveries here on the message board.

        Now, I scanned this manuscript, and I will upload the scans in a couple if minutes. However, because I am not familiar with USA copyright laws, I am not sure do I make a fault when I am uploading his entire poem this way?

        If it is still under copyright, please, let me know ASAP, and I will delete scans immediately (or moderator of this group can do that for me).

        TJ, just don't forgot to save the scans before (and if) they are going to be deleted. However, I can send you then in any time directly on your e-mail address.

        I don't have more original work by Don Blanding, and I would like to keep this one in my collection, but, if you think that it could be more representable in your collection, we can make some deal. Although I don't think that it is something special, just an usual manuscript... but, the collector as yourself probably knows better.

        All the best,

        Filip
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
          The poem is beyond the 75 year copyright issue. We email and fax his poetry all
          the time. It will not be a problem. Thanks...tj

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
            I already uploaded them in another album I just opened in the "Photos" section.

            Please, advise me do I need to delete them now? This manuscript doesn't have any copyright markings, so, in fact, we don't know is it under copyright law... although we know from other sources.

            I hope that scans are going to be useful for you... I was unable to make them better, because this manuscript is very fragile, so, I needed to scan it very carefully.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 8, 2012
              If you email me privately I could talk to you about obtaining this poem from
              you. I have an idea you might be interested in. Thanks...tj

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 8, 2012
                I sent you a private e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Thank you, Filip