"Vagabond's house", "The Dream House" or "The dream house of a vagabond"?

  • filantik
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 6, 2012
      Hello to everyone, from an Europe fan of Don Blanding's poetry and art work.

      I just wanted to ask, what is the correct name of this great poem? Recently I got a carbon copy(?) of it, with a title "The dream house of a vagabond", which is the very first time a saw it in this version. I made a scan of this cover, and uploaded it in the photo section (under "Miscellaneous")
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 6, 2012
        I think you are referring to, "Vagabond's House," a signature poem of his. This
        poem evolved over a few years until it appeared in his break out book of 1928 of
        the same name. tj

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
          Thank you, TJ. In that case, this manuscript have been issued surely before 1928 and his break out book?

          I can scan it entirely (7 pages), if it could be useful for some of the research.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
            Yes, I sure of that. This poem had several similar names before it finalized to
            Vagabond's House. I would love a scanned copy of it for research purposes. I'm
            also quite a collector and might entertain a purchase if you might sell it. I
            have quite a collection of his original works. Where did you acquire this
            piece? I'm curious how it might have traveled to Europe. Thanks....tj

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
              I bought it with some other handwritten books and notes from an USA seller from Nebraska (she mentioned that she bought the lot from some estate, not connected with Don Blanding).

              Although I still didn't have a opportunity to research the diaries etc. from the lot, I don't believe that there are more original works by Don Blanding or his personal items. However, if something appears, I will share my discoveries here on the message board.

              Now, I scanned this manuscript, and I will upload the scans in a couple if minutes. However, because I am not familiar with USA copyright laws, I am not sure do I make a fault when I am uploading his entire poem this way?

              If it is still under copyright, please, let me know ASAP, and I will delete scans immediately (or moderator of this group can do that for me).

              TJ, just don't forgot to save the scans before (and if) they are going to be deleted. However, I can send you then in any time directly on your e-mail address.

              I don't have more original work by Don Blanding, and I would like to keep this one in my collection, but, if you think that it could be more representable in your collection, we can make some deal. Although I don't think that it is something special, just an usual manuscript... but, the collector as yourself probably knows better.

              All the best,

              Filip
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
                The poem is beyond the 75 year copyright issue. We email and fax his poetry all
                the time. It will not be a problem. Thanks...tj

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 7, 2012
                  I already uploaded them in another album I just opened in the "Photos" section.

                  Please, advise me do I need to delete them now? This manuscript doesn't have any copyright markings, so, in fact, we don't know is it under copyright law... although we know from other sources.

                  I hope that scans are going to be useful for you... I was unable to make them better, because this manuscript is very fragile, so, I needed to scan it very carefully.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 8, 2012
                    If you email me privately I could talk to you about obtaining this poem from
                    you. I have an idea you might be interested in. Thanks...tj

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 8, 2012
                      I sent you a private e-mail a couple of minutes ago. Thank you, Filip