Carmel 2011 lecture, reception

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 12, 2011
      Carmel Heritage Society (CHS) has decided that the opening lecture and reception will be Friday, Oct 7th with time to be determined but most probably at 5pm. I'll get a more specific time later. On Saturday I'll open up CHS at 10am and be available until 5pm for those wishing more information or just late comers and tourists. I'm looking forward to it. tj
    • Karen Cotter
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 12, 2011
        Yes, me, too, tj....October is much much better. Actually better weather in Oct. than July, when the days are foggy until almost noon. Plus there won't be all the kids swarming every where.

        For me, personally, I'll be coming north from Cambria up the Big Sur and unless the weather is totally bizarre, it will be gorgeous. Eggzactly 100 miles.

        I'll be there 5 days as I've got an armload of things for the Pacific Grove Historical Society. That's my mother's side of the family's old residence....my great grandparent's bought two litle homes there in 1914 but summered there in the late 1800's. I spent all my summers there until I was 16.

        Changed a ton since then and all the charm gone..or, I should say, the charm of the early days. It's all pretty plastic now and cleaned up and the old homes, save for a few, gone for what I call the "Cape Cod mansionization" And the wharf in Monterey a shell of it's former self.

        But they can't take away the Bay and the sounds of the marine life and the sun and the fog. And eliminating Ft. Ord and restoring some of the area around Santa Cruz and Marina is promising.

        I'm looking forward to meeting you - never thought it would be there!

        My calendar is marked....Cheerio! Karen Cotter

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2011
          Tom,

          Check this out about the vT Wall.

          http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/getdoc/1b1a322a-6355-4594-88cf-8dd6fc37da
          7a/Von-Tempsky-Wall--Page-1.aspx

          Bev.

          _____

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 27, 2011
            Our show/exhibit is coming up October 7&8, only 5 weeks away. I'm seeking publicity from the Carmel Pine Cone Newspaper and other sources. I'm choosing pieces from my collection to show off. It'll be fun...tj
          • SSchnei548@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 30, 2011
              tj - re show/exhibit - where and time of your presentation? Thanks for
              more info as I hope to be there. Carol

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 30, 2011
                The show is the weekend of October 7&8. The grand opening and lecture is on
                Friday Oct. 7th around 5pm. The actual time has not been decided but 5pm is
                close. I will be present at the First Murphy House on both days from 10am-5pm.
                I pack it up on Sunday and leave. When I confirm actual times I'll email the
                group again. tj

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
                  I was notified by Carmel Heritage Society that 500 invitations will go out for my show. The grand opening is Friday, October 7th, from 5pm-7pm. If you come, don't show up early as the doors will not open until 5pm. At my last show there were only about 250 CHS members. They have grown! Other advertising is going out this month also. Should be fun!!! Hope I don't blank out as I lecture!
                • Karen Cotter
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
                    DON'T WORRY, TJ.....HALF THE AUDIENCE WILL REMIND YOU FROM THEIR OWN RECOLLECTIONS! HA HA HA KAREN COTTER