Rogue River Art

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2011
      I'll have to look through my books to see if this art piece showed up in one of Don's books or not. It is remarkably similar to one he did for a limited addition book, LAND OF GOLD, 1935. The title page and artwork of this book has a similar water wave pattern to it and is conceptually the same. The size appears to be the same also. I'm the owner of this piece. Though there is no official title on my art piece, I call it Land of Gold. Did you say your piece had names on it? If so, who was it? I'll get back to you on my hunt though my books. tj
    • Curt Blanding
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2011
        Hi Jerry,

        I found that artwork in "Hawaii Says Aloha" (1955) on page
        159. (next to last page) It is printed in black and measures 6.1
        by 8.85 inches.

        It is titled "Rising Moon" with a very short verse -

        "The moon is a great gold coin tossed to those ragged vagabonds, the clouds."

        Thanks for inspiring me to leaf thru ALL of Don's books.

        Curt