Re: [aloha-donblanding] Joan Crawford

  • JHH
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2011
      Don supposedly saved her life when she was a child in Kansas? She fell from a balcony, I think they remained lifelong friends

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
        He rescued her in Lawton Ok., when she stepped off of her porch onto a broken
        milk bottle and severely cut her foot. Don carried her into her house and
        called a Dr.. She was out of school for 1.5 years because of the problems
        caused by the damaged foot. This happened when Don was a Senior, so, maybe
        1912ish. Her stage name became Joan Crawford and Don didn't know she was Billie
        Jean Cassius (close enough) whom he had rescued. Don was probably freelancing
        as a reporter when he was assigned to interview her for a magazine. They hadn't
        seen each other since Don left Lawton and she too moved with her family to
        Kansas from Lawton. I'm trying to find the name of the 1930's magazine and the
        article.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          Cool story! I can't wait for the mystery to be solved! Karen C

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
            Aloha,

            I think Keith has the information you are talking about. We talked about
            it some years ago, but he never asked me to look up the article and I
            thought he had it.

            Bev.

            _____

            Cool story! I can't wait for the mystery to be solved! Karen C

            <mailto:aloha-donblanding%40yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
              Thanx Thomas, you brought it baack,it'd been a while since I'd read it, and I got most of it wrong:-), thanx for the more correct info.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 24, 2011
                With more research I've discovered that Don was assigned to interview Joan Crawford on the set of Georgeous Hussey in 1932. I still don't know which magazine he worked for but knowing the movie might help some. It really isn't that important of a piece of information but it is the journey that I like. tj