Joan Crawford

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6 7:34 PM
      Don did a magazine interview with Joan Crawford around 1935 or thereabouts. Does anyone know the name of the magazine he did the interview for? Has anyone ever read it? I'm researching her and their relationship but haven't turned it up yet. Any help out there in cyberBlanding land? tj
    • Karen Cotter
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6 7:46 PM
        Was he in Hawaii then? Karen Cotter

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6 8:31 PM
          No. He was bouncing from Taos New Mexico/Hollywood/L.A., area. Some of the
          movie magazines of the day were Modern Screen, Movie Mirror, Screenland. I
          don't know if these might be a magazine he wrote for. There are others. I have
          an email out to a biographer of Joan Crawford to see if he might have info. No
          answer yet.

          ________________________________
          >Don did a magazine interview with Joan Crawford around 1935 or thereabouts.
          >Does anyone know the name of the magazine he did the interview for? Has anyone
          >ever read it? I'm researching her and their relationship but haven't turned it
          >up yet. Any help out there in cyberBlanding land? tj

        • JHH
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6 10:05 PM
            Don supposedly saved her life when she was a child in Kansas? She fell from a balcony, I think they remained lifelong friends

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7 7:52 AM
              He rescued her in Lawton Ok., when she stepped off of her porch onto a broken
              milk bottle and severely cut her foot. Don carried her into her house and
              called a Dr.. She was out of school for 1.5 years because of the problems
              caused by the damaged foot. This happened when Don was a Senior, so, maybe
              1912ish. Her stage name became Joan Crawford and Don didn't know she was Billie
              Jean Cassius (close enough) whom he had rescued. Don was probably freelancing
              as a reporter when he was assigned to interview her for a magazine. They hadn't
              seen each other since Don left Lawton and she too moved with her family to
              Kansas from Lawton. I'm trying to find the name of the 1930's magazine and the
              article.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7 8:55 AM
                Cool story! I can't wait for the mystery to be solved! Karen C

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 7 9:38 AM
                  Aloha,

                  I think Keith has the information you are talking about. We talked about
                  it some years ago, but he never asked me to look up the article and I
                  thought he had it.

                  Bev.

                  _____

                  Cool story! I can't wait for the mystery to be solved! Karen C

                  <mailto:aloha-donblanding%40yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 7 1:17 PM
                    Thanx Thomas, you brought it baack,it'd been a while since I'd read it, and I got most of it wrong:-), thanx for the more correct info.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 24, 2011
                      With more research I've discovered that Don was assigned to interview Joan Crawford on the set of Georgeous Hussey in 1932. I still don't know which magazine he worked for but knowing the movie might help some. It really isn't that important of a piece of information but it is the journey that I like. tj