RE: [aloha-donblanding] Jack and Charmian London

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21 9:24 PM
      I believe Armine von Tempsky (i) Ball was the connection.

      I don't have your latest e-mail. I would have to do some research, but can
      tell you more.

      Bev.

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22 7:44 AM
        I would appreciate your help in this Bev. Thanks a lot. I'm writing a piece
        about Don's entrance into Carmel in Sept. 1936 and the subsequent four years of
        time in Carmel. I don't know when Don first went to Carmel but it would make
        sense that he might have passed through there before 1936 and his interest in
        Carmel was piqued at that time. Don first met Armine in 1928 while at his
        publishers office. How Armine got involved with Jack London is a question I
        have. I recently read a bio on Jack London and it mentioned that he and
        Charmain sailed into Hawaii on his sail boat named "Snark" and that he had
        visited with the Temski's on this venture. Armine would have been quite young
        when this happened. There might have been further contact of some kind when
        Armine was a little older but Jack London died in 1916. Charmain lived on and
        could have befriended Charmain. Thanks for the help. tj