Jack and Charmain London

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21 9:12 PM
      I'm still trying to connect some dots with Don's relationship to Charmain London. Jack was gone in 1916 and so had no direct connection to Don. Charmain however met Don at some point in time. She wrote a tribute to him in the March 1937 Carmel Pine Cone which to me resembled wording that might be included in the Church of Religious Science that Don was getting into about that time. Has anyone ever come across anything that might affirm this religious connection? I'm pressing it but I'm sure this might have been their connection. Any help here??? tj
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21 9:24 PM
        I believe Armine von Tempsky (i) Ball was the connection.

        I don't have your latest e-mail. I would have to do some research, but can
        tell you more.

        Bev.

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22 7:44 AM
          I would appreciate your help in this Bev. Thanks a lot. I'm writing a piece
          about Don's entrance into Carmel in Sept. 1936 and the subsequent four years of
          time in Carmel. I don't know when Don first went to Carmel but it would make
          sense that he might have passed through there before 1936 and his interest in
          Carmel was piqued at that time. Don first met Armine in 1928 while at his
          publishers office. How Armine got involved with Jack London is a question I
          have. I recently read a bio on Jack London and it mentioned that he and
          Charmain sailed into Hawaii on his sail boat named "Snark" and that he had
          visited with the Temski's on this venture. Armine would have been quite young
          when this happened. There might have been further contact of some kind when
          Armine was a little older but Jack London died in 1916. Charmain lived on and
          could have befriended Charmain. Thanks for the help. tj