Re: [aloha-donblanding] Fw: My movies

  • Lora
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2010
      I was just on IMDB and typed in Hawaii Calls and guess what? There is a video of the film which showed the credits at the beginning and like on the 2nd screen there is Blandings credit. Fun to watch...Happy Holidays and thanks for sharing....Lora

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2010
        I have a copy of the movie itself. I can't remember what site I was on to buy
        it though. I bought it a good while ago. tj

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2010
          This is a side comment about Duke Kahanamoku which was mentioned in the
          article by Bobby Breen. On my first trip to Waikiki in 1968, my wife
          and I attended a conference sponsored by the University of Hawaii and
          the Air Force Office of Scientific Research. I was the Air Force
          project officer. We stayed at the Mona and when we checked in, I
          noticed an activity on the lanai of the hotel. It was the funeral of
          Duke Kahanamoku and Arthur Godfrey was delivering the eulogy. My wife
          and I stood under the banyan tree and watched the ceremony. At the end,
          they put the Duke's ashes on the prow of a big outrigger, there was a
          small music group which started to play "Beyond the Reef". It then
          clouded up and started to sprinkle as the outrigger took his ashes out
          past the reef to scatter them. It was a very moving experience.

          BTW, I grew up in Lawton, my Grandparents, who arrived in Lawton before
          1901, lived only a couple of blocks from the Blandings. My Mother and
          Father heard Don when he spoke in Lawton, which I believe was in 1956.
          Al Dayton