Bobby Breen

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2010
      Hey TJ,

      I have a detective assignment for you. Since you're the most experienced with interviews in our group, how'd you like to do a telephone interview with Bobby Breen? The child actor who worked with Don on Hawaii Calls in 1938. Apparently he's still alive (turns 83 next month) and living in Tamarac, Florida. He runs a talent agency named Bobby Breen Enterprises. I'm sure he has some amusing stories about "Uncle Don." He might even have some artwork of his. You can get the phone number by googling it, or email me.

      Did you know that Bobby Breen appeared on the cover of The Beatles' "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album? His head is right next to George Harrison. Your trivia lesson for the day LOL.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
        How interesting. You probably know that I recently purchased a Hollywood photo
        of Don and Breen together in a staged photo shoot. I have a copy of their film
        and of course the Stowaways book with them on the book cover. Fun but it never
        crossed my mind to see if Breen was alive and kicking. If you don't mind please
        send me his phone number and I'll bone up a bit and see if I can get an
        interview with him. Nice work on your part. It never occurred to me to check
        him out. Must be getting old. Are you out of the Blanding research stuff or do
        you just pick at it now? Niners are on Bye week - so, go Broncos! tj

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
          I googled Breen and got the phone number, etc. I'll check it out and give a
          report back to the group. Cadia, I'm getting old. I will copy off what music
          sheets I have and get them to you . tj

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2010
            I sent you the phone number and address Tom,

            My Blanding research has been on hold for a number of years. I work from home doing freelance graphic design, and Vanessa and I run a full-time business selling vintage sheet music on eBay. That and raising two precocious girls leaves me with little time for research.

            Which isn't to say I've lost interest in Don...I still poke around here in there when I'm playing hooky from my work. He's a fascinating man with many mysteries still unexplored so one day I'll get back to him...unless someone from this group beats me to a biography, which would be fine.

            Keith