Re: Copies of DB sheet music -- anyone?

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 10, 2010
      Hi Cadia,

      Sorry for the very late reply. I don't have much DB sheet music...only some copies of music Tom gave me awhile back.

      I was poking around in copyright entries again in the wee hours this morning and found three more early songs by Don. I listed four songs a few months ago, but these ones I've never seen before.

      "You Are the World To Me" words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, May 5, 1919

      "The Echo of Love's Lullaby" Words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, arranged by Earl Blankenhorn, March 7, 1921, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

      "Oongoloo" Words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, arranged by Earl Blankenhorn, March 7, 1921, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

      These songs were written during Don's Rockford, Illinois days and may be from musicals put on by the Rockford Art Guild. I'm curious who Henry Volt and Earl Blankenhorn are...has anyone heard the names before? I may have to look up the Rockford College yearbook again.

      Keith

    • mauibandb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 11, 2010
        Not a clue.