Re: Copies of DB sheet music

  • Cadia
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 1:44 AM
      The Yahoo message board is acting strangely this evening - would not let me respond to messages except once to Ken.

      Tom, I don't think DB and Johnny Noble ever collaborated; Noble was a well-established songwriter and orchestra leader in Honolulu before DB's efforts as a lyricist became known. Noble's best known collaborator was probably Sonny Kunha. And, let's face it, a lot of the hapa haole songs of the era might have been written by almost anyone!

      TJ, I am sending you a separate note. Allen has been in touch with me and will "dig" for songs written by Ed Sawtelle. Anything you can easily provide is most welcome.

      I am hoping Keith will chime in, and I may fire off notes to the Hawaii State Library and UH-Manoa to see what they can offer.

      For the time being, I mostly want a sampling of the most promising songs to show Cyril, keeping in mind that Hawaiian music is his focus, not necessarily DB.

      Mahalo nui loa, everyone, for your input and help.

      ~~Cadia
    • JHH
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31 4:41 AM
        Is Noble related to Leighton Noble of Canada?