Re: [aloha-donblanding] Copies of DB sheet music -- anyone?

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
      Will do, Mr. Maui...tj

      ________________________________
      From: "mauibandb@..." <mauibandb@...>
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, August 30, 2010 3:26:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [aloha-donblanding] Copies of DB sheet music -- anyone?

      TJ
      If you are making copies can you make some of the Hawaiian ones for me. I
      would like to make a book for our Piano at the Inn.
      Send my Aloha to Janice
      aloha
      Maui Tom

      In a message dated 8/30/2010 11:06:02 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
      tjmarkle@... writes:

      I have a few pieces, some I copied from Allen Sawtelle's collection and a
      few
      others. Give me private email with a mailing address and I'll geterdone
      quickly
      for you. Great work on your part! tj

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
        Hope all is well with you.

        In a message dated 8/30/2010 12:29:18 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
        tjmarkle@... writes:

        Will do, Mr. Maui...tj

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
          Hi Cadia,
          It was great meeting you and enjoying all the music at the Waimanalo
          Kanikapila and the Outrigger Reef. I'm glad you had a good time and got to
          do the things you wanted to do. Good luck with Cyril P. and the sheet
          music. Aloha, Donna Wendt

        • Keith
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 10, 2010
            Hi Cadia,

            Sorry for the very late reply. I don't have much DB sheet music...only some copies of music Tom gave me awhile back.

            I was poking around in copyright entries again in the wee hours this morning and found three more early songs by Don. I listed four songs a few months ago, but these ones I've never seen before.

            "You Are the World To Me" words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, May 5, 1919

            "The Echo of Love's Lullaby" Words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, arranged by Earl Blankenhorn, March 7, 1921, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

            "Oongoloo" Words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, arranged by Earl Blankenhorn, March 7, 1921, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

            These songs were written during Don's Rockford, Illinois days and may be from musicals put on by the Rockford Art Guild. I'm curious who Henry Volt and Earl Blankenhorn are...has anyone heard the names before? I may have to look up the Rockford College yearbook again.

            Keith

          • mauibandb@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 11, 2010
              Not a clue.