Re: [aloha-donblanding] Copies of DB sheet music -- anyone?

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
      I have a few pieces, some I copied from Allen Sawtelle's collection and a few
      others. Give me private email with a mailing address and I'll geterdone quickly
      for you. Great work on your part! tj

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
        Keith is da man for this request. they do have at UH as I had them
        photographed before.

        I have a question though. Did DB collaborate with Johnny Noble on "Among
        My Hawaiian Souvenirs"
        It is very Don Blanding-esque.
        I am working on a new website for the Old Wailuku Inn and I am planning on
        linking to U Tube I believe Keith Posted it; with him on the Steamer
        explaining the meaning of the lei.
        Also message to Keith is their light at the end of the tunnel on the DB
        Book?

        aloha
        Maui Tom

        In a message dated 8/30/2010 9:43:33 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
        duchess@... writes:

[...]

      • Kenneth Klein
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
          Hi,

          I have five pieces of sheet music, with words by Don Blanding:

          1. "Last Night: a song of Waikiki" Words by Don Blanding, music by Connie Bemis
          2. "Waikiki Night" Words by Don Blanding, music by Connie Bemis
          3. "The Elephant Song" Words by Don Blanding, music by Connie Bemis
          4. "Redwood Forest" Words by Don Blanding, music by Ada Virginia Hull. (From "Mostly California")
          5. "I Stand in the Presence of Mountains" (first line) Words by Don Blanding, signed "To Don Blanding, Jerry Becker."

          I would be glad to scan these and send them as pdf's

          Ken Klein

        • mauibandb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
            TJ
            If you are making copies can you make some of the Hawaiian ones for me. I
            would like to make a book for our Piano at the Inn.
            Send my Aloha to Janice
            aloha
            Maui Tom

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
              Will do, Mr. Maui...tj

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 30, 2010
                Hope all is well with you.

                In a message dated 8/30/2010 12:29:18 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
                tjmarkle@... writes:

                Will do, Mr. Maui...tj

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
                  Hi Cadia,
                  It was great meeting you and enjoying all the music at the Waimanalo
                  Kanikapila and the Outrigger Reef. I'm glad you had a good time and got to
                  do the things you wanted to do. Good luck with Cyril P. and the sheet
                  music. Aloha, Donna Wendt

                • Keith
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 10, 2010
                    Hi Cadia,

                    Sorry for the very late reply. I don't have much DB sheet music...only some copies of music Tom gave me awhile back.

                    I was poking around in copyright entries again in the wee hours this morning and found three more early songs by Don. I listed four songs a few months ago, but these ones I've never seen before.

                    "You Are the World To Me" words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, May 5, 1919

                    "The Echo of Love's Lullaby" Words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, arranged by Earl Blankenhorn, March 7, 1921, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

                    "Oongoloo" Words by Don Blanding, music by Henry Volt, arranged by Earl Blankenhorn, March 7, 1921, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

                    These songs were written during Don's Rockford, Illinois days and may be from musicals put on by the Rockford Art Guild. I'm curious who Henry Volt and Earl Blankenhorn are...has anyone heard the names before? I may have to look up the Rockford College yearbook again.

                    Keith

                  • mauibandb@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 11, 2010
                      Not a clue.