Found some interesting items in one of my copies of Joy is an Inside Job today

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2010
      Interestingly, today I was looking at one of my copies of Joy is an
      Inside Job and found a little chapbook/pamphlet called "A Talisman"
      --published by DeGroat Publishing; Printed by Beattie & Co., Portland
      9, Oregon. Not dated.

      Also, in the same copy of Joy, I found three other things:

      First, a clipped out poem (looks like it is out of a church bulletin)
      entitled "Somehow", and called "an unpublished poem discovered after Don
      Blanding's passing" in the typical courier typewriter type.
      First Line: I have tried for many an hour and a minute

      Second, another clipping, typewritten, in a different, fancier type,
      called "As".
      First line: I see God --- standing as the tree,

      Third, a full page copy of a typewritten poem, called "Twenty-Four
      Camels".
      First line: Out of the vast blue desert of Time. After the typed name
      DON BLANDING is a little bird drawing.

      Just thought I'd share.

      Regards, Christine