[aloha-donblanding] DeSoto Brown's book "Hawaii Recalls"

  • Jean Souza
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2000
      I was e-mailed and told that I better speak up. Anyway, "Hawaii
      Recalls" is a wonderful book with totally gorgeous pictures, however,
      it does not delve deeply into any one individual artist's life or
      accomplishments. I think that Tom Markle and I have a telepathic
      connection because I had listed a copy of "Hawaii Recalls" on eBay just
      last night.

      There is one page on Don Blanding, very briefly his background, what
      brough him to Hawaii, his "Lei Day" involvement, etc. A picture of
      "Hula Moons" is displayed and one thing of interest. Don Blanding
      wrote the words to "There's Romance in the Moonlight of Hawaii", music
      by Ed Sawtelle about 1940. This was produced in a pictorial sheetmusic
      piece done in blue and white, a hula girl under a couple coconut trees
      with a small inset picture of Don Blanding and Ed Sawtelle on the
      front.