AUTOGRAPHS OF DON BLANDING AND PERSONAL LETTERS

  • J T
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
      I am unclear if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but I am new to this. I have numerous books of Don Blanding ( 40+ ) 2 copies of each of many. They belonged to my mother who saved one copy for each of her sons. In August, my father passed away and I found these books packed away many of which have autographs in hem. One " Vagabond House " has a personal letter written by Don Blanding in Feb 1944 noting to the new owners of Vagabond House in Carmel, CA that they would still be rec'v ing mail C/O Vagabond House and that he wanted it forwarded to a new address. I guess my question is What if any value would something like this have and are his autographs pretty common. I may consider selling these books the set or by piece if anyone is interested. Lets talk I would love to hear anyones advise comments questions. Thank you, Jeff
    • Keith
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
        Hi Jeff,

        What that letter written to the Spencer's then?

        Was the forwarding address in Fort Pierce, Florida?

        Keith

        --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "J T" <jthmont699@...> wrote:

        > I am unclear if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but I am new to this. I have numerous books of Don Blanding ( 40+ ) 2 copies of each of many. They belonged to my mother who saved one copy for each of her sons. In August, my father passed away and I found these books packed away many of which have autographs in hem. One " Vagabond House " has a personal letter written by Don Blanding in Feb 1944 noting to the new owners of Vagabond House in Carmel, CA that they would still be rec'v ing mail C/O Vagabond House and that he wanted it forwarded to a new address. I guess my question is What if any value would something like this have and are his autographs pretty common. I may consider selling these books the set or by piece if anyone is interested. Lets talk I would love to hear anyones advise comments questions. Thank you, Jeff

      • J T Smith
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
          Here is a scan of the letter I am talking about.  What do you think?

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
            I would be interested in the information about the new Vagabond House owners name. I've been in touch with the current Vagabond House owner and as most of the old timers on this site know I located a box of DB memoriabilia there that I used in my 2000 Carmel show and then ended up purchasing. The current owners are always interested in the history of their B&B. tj

            Here is a scan of the letter I am talking about. What do you think?

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
              Thomas atached is the letter i discussed earlier.  hope that helps or is of interest.  jeff

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 25, 2010
                JT: Can you send the attachment to my personal email address? I don't find it attached to the groups email.