Great Plains Museum, Lawton Ok.

  • tjmarkle2005
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2009
      FYI for Blanding fans everywhere. There is a current exhibition of Don's collected works at the Great Plains Museum in Lawton OK. It goes through Nov. 2009. When I was there a few months ago I knew they were going to have one but it surprised me that it came up so quickly. I haven't gone on line to view it and I'm not sure you can do that. The exhibit is combined with another local writer and is not devoted purely to Don's work. I viewed all of the Museums collection and will say they have a comprehensive collection worth viewing if you want to see a broad spectrum of Don's work. I have decided that my entire collection will be given to the Great Plains Museum. I hope that is a long time in the future though! tj
    • Karen Cotter
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2009
        I HOPE SO TOO, TJ! KAREN COTTER
      • tjmarkle2005
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 25, 2010
          For the next few weeks I will posting special photo's on my Facebook taken at the Great Plains Museum in Lawton OK, where many of Don's personal effects are being held. I photographed most of the collection while there. They have some iconic items if you are a Blanding nut. Todays photo is of the one of a kind original Centaur that is seen in some of Don's photo's in Carmel and elsewhere. The original has some damage and really needs restoration.
        • mauibandb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2010
            tj thanks for sharing this is real special I will check out your Facebook

            aloha
            Maui Tom