Re: [aloha-donblanding] Don Blanding pencil sketch

  • Fred Goldrup
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2009
      When I visited Oahu, I loved those banyan trees.

      When I visited Maui and Uncle Bill Boyd, I got so carried away, I gave the Resort one of the 3 LPs I had - it was a sort of "messy" signature because the pen didn't write well on the front of the LP, and the other two were great. When I got home, I realized the 2 LPs I had were printed; not written. The Reed-dustjacketed "Flowers of the Rainbow" also went - I only paid $20 for it. Bill later wrote the Resort would not give up the poor copy of the book mine replaced in "exchange" for the LP and reed bound book. You happily sold me the one in good shape, but no DJ.

      I have been fighting Parkinson's since retirement (March 2005). I hope I can make my DB books available through this site.

      I did not "finalize" my membership because I read the part of the agreement where YAHOO listed it's fees, without saying how much my YAHOO site would cost.

      If YAHOO charges, I don't want it - I have a server (My Fair Point) which bought out Verizon in Northern New England and ever since, there is problem after problem. When my FairPoint comes up for renewal, I want to go with a GOOD site. Also, I get 100+ SPAM messages every day, which I do NOT appreciate.

      If you, with your wisdom, might suggest a low-costs server, I'd like to check it out to be ready to switch and lose all that SPAM. I laugh at the word SPAM - the canned meat is used everywhere in Hawaii.

      Cheers and all that sort of thing to you m'friend.

      Fred the incurable optometrist. (Did ya see thru that pun?) I sent a list of 10 puns to a pun contest. Sad to say no prize - no pun in 10 did ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

      Fred