Re: [aloha-donblanding] Charles Lovell - Harwood Museum, Taos NM

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2009
      Don't remember if Mr Lovell ever mentioned having a son. Sorry

      alohaTom

      In a message dated 5/12/2009 3:39:41 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
      tjmarkle@... writes:

      Maui Tom and others; Some years ago we were tracking Charles Lovell who
      was to write a biography about Don. I reviewed all names of museum
      Directors in Taos and guess what name I came up with? The Harwood Museum's
      Director is Charles Lovell. I know that the original Charles Lovell died and we
      lost contact with the family in Washington State. Could this be his son?
      I have phone calls and emails into the Harwood Museum as I am still in the
      area. I have no response yet. So, Maui Tom, do you remember your
      conversations with Charles Lovell and did he mention having a son? I'll be
      tracking this but anyone interested can go on line to the Harwood Museum in Taos
      and see what they can dig up. I just thought it interesting. Ain't
      research fun? tj

      **************Dell Mini Netbooks: Great deals starting at $299 after
      instant savings!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221972443x1201442012/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214819441%3B36680237%3Bi)

    • Tom Markle
      Message 2 of 6 , May 13, 2009
        It is too bad but this contact did not pan out. Charles Lovell from the Harwood Museum has since moved to Tulane Univ. Museum. He emailed me back detailing that his father died in 1960 and he did not think he knew of Don Blanding. So, it is just one of those funny coincidences that did not pan out. Too bad.....tj
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2009
          Yes, Charles Lovell had a son. But he is not a museum director in Taos. He is a professional magician in Seattle whose stage name is Kirk Charles. Here's his website:

          http://www.kirkcharles.net/

          I met him some years ago when he purchased a piece of Lei Lani dinnerware from
          me to give to his father.

          ~~Cadia
        • Tom Markle
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2009
            Charles Lovell's son Kirk emailed me back and stated that at his Dad's request he send what writing he had on Blanding to a playwright in Texas and he doesn't remember who that was. He also said he only had about 2 chapters of the book sketched out. tj
          • mauibandb@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2009
              Guess the Texas Play writer is not a member of our group?

              In a message dated 5/18/2009 6:22:57 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
              tjmarkle@... writes:

              Charles Lovell's son Kirk emailed me back and stated that at his Dad's
              request he send what writing he had on Blanding to a playwright in Texas and
              he doesn't remember who that was. He also said he only had about 2 chapters
              of the book sketched out. tj

              **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
              Steps!
              (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322941x1201367178/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd