Charles Lovell - Harwood Museum, Taos NM

  • Tom Markle
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12 6:39 PM
      Maui Tom and others; Some years ago we were tracking Charles Lovell who was to write a biography about Don. I reviewed all names of museum Directors in Taos and guess what name I came up with? The Harwood Museum's Director is Charles Lovell. I know that the original Charles Lovell died and we lost contact with the family in Washington State. Could this be his son? I have phone calls and emails into the Harwood Museum as I am still in the area. I have no response yet. So, Maui Tom, do you remember your conversations with Charles Lovell and did he mention having a son? I'll be tracking this but anyone interested can go on line to the Harwood Museum in Taos and see what they can dig up. I just thought it interesting. Ain't research fun? tj
    • mauibandb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12 11:55 PM
        Don't remember if Mr Lovell ever mentioned having a son. Sorry

        alohaTom

        In a message dated 5/12/2009 3:39:41 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
        tjmarkle@... writes:

        Maui Tom and others; Some years ago we were tracking Charles Lovell who
        was to write a biography about Don. I reviewed all names of museum
        Directors in Taos and guess what name I came up with? The Harwood Museum's
        Director is Charles Lovell. I know that the original Charles Lovell died and we
        lost contact with the family in Washington State. Could this be his son?
        I have phone calls and emails into the Harwood Museum as I am still in the
        area. I have no response yet. So, Maui Tom, do you remember your
        conversations with Charles Lovell and did he mention having a son? I'll be
        tracking this but anyone interested can go on line to the Harwood Museum in Taos
        and see what they can dig up. I just thought it interesting. Ain't
        research fun? tj

        **************Dell Mini Netbooks: Great deals starting at $299 after
        instant savings!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221972443x1201442012/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214819441%3B36680237%3Bi)

      • Tom Markle
        Message 3 of 6 , May 13 3:49 PM
          It is too bad but this contact did not pan out. Charles Lovell from the Harwood Museum has since moved to Tulane Univ. Museum. He emailed me back detailing that his father died in 1960 and he did not think he knew of Don Blanding. So, it is just one of those funny coincidences that did not pan out. Too bad.....tj
          Message 4 of 6 , May 15 12:45 AM
            Yes, Charles Lovell had a son. But he is not a museum director in Taos. He is a professional magician in Seattle whose stage name is Kirk Charles. Here's his website:

            http://www.kirkcharles.net/

            I met him some years ago when he purchased a piece of Lei Lani dinnerware from
            me to give to his father.

            ~~Cadia
          • Tom Markle
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18 9:22 AM
              Charles Lovell's son Kirk emailed me back and stated that at his Dad's request he send what writing he had on Blanding to a playwright in Texas and he doesn't remember who that was. He also said he only had about 2 chapters of the book sketched out. tj
            • mauibandb@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , May 18 12:49 PM
                Guess the Texas Play writer is not a member of our group?

                In a message dated 5/18/2009 6:22:57 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
                tjmarkle@... writes:

                Charles Lovell's son Kirk emailed me back and stated that at his Dad's
                request he send what writing he had on Blanding to a playwright in Texas and
                he doesn't remember who that was. He also said he only had about 2 chapters
                of the book sketched out. tj

                **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
                Steps!
                (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322941x1201367178/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd