RE: [aloha-donblanding] Footsteps

    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2009
      Great stuff,

      Looking forward to want you kind.

      Bev.

      _____

      From: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Markle
      Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:30 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [aloha-donblanding] Footsteps

      The Blandingmobile has been following the footsteps of our Vagabond Poet for
      many years. Today, I sat in the town square in Taos, N. M., contemplating
      where he might have been while here. I came across a sign outside of the
      Taos Historical Society describing some artists (Don was not mentioned) who
      helped create some murals with the help of the 1934 WPA. So, I wondered, is
      that how or why Don actually got to Taos? Did he help with some of these
      murals? He was bankrupted by the depression, lived in an artist colony in
      Connecticut and drifted back to Lawton. Taos and Lawton are but 500 miles
      apart. Did he then come to Taos and then revived his career? I don't really
      know but it has possibilities. I've made some contact with Taos Historical
      Society people and will pursue this a little further as information
      develops. It is fun to trace the footsteps and maybe even walk in them a
      little bit....tj