Re: Iwalani Basler and the Jasmine House

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 27, 2009
      Tom,

      How wonderful to find a living link to both DB and your own family!

      I would imagine that Mr. Basler could provide a sense of what Honolulu
      was like, both pre-war and post-war, and might recall DB's sojourns
      there in 1937, 1939-40 and again in the early 1950s. Was he even born
      when Paradise Loot was published?

      When the opportunity presents itself, I hope you'll be able to obtain
      an oral history to help connect the bits of DB trivia we've collected
      over the years.

      ~~Cadia
    • mauibandb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 27, 2009
        aloha TJ
        Clint Basler _Baslerclint@..._ (mailto:Baslerclint@...)

        In a message dated 1/23/2009 5:27:52 A.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
        tjmarkle@... writes:

        Maybe when you go over to Honolulu sometime you could finish the interview?
        It's too good to pass up or can you/I write them? tj

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 27, 2009
          His cousin Margo Morgan lives on the house that is on the site of where my
          Great Grandfather's house was. I hope to interview both.
          I think they might have just been born in 1925.

          aloha
          Tom

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 28, 2009
            Maui Tom; I emailed the Basler's. We'll see what becomes of it. Must be really nice to be able to go back to your 1850's heritage. I'd be taking film for sure. FYI, as of Feb 4th, the Blandingmobile will be pulling out of the driveway and heading East. We plan to do all the Southern States all the way to the Everglades in Florida and be gone for the next 6+ months. We bought a new Macbook with WiFi and so will be able to keep up with all the yahoo groups gossip, as slow as it is. I'll be stopping in Taos NM to do a little personal DB research and also stopping at the Great Plains Museum in Oklahoma. If I get into the Ft. Pierce area, I'll be researching also. Some one has to keep the economy going...ha......tj