Re: [aloha-donblanding] Iwalani Basler and the Jasmine House

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
      I had to get out my Paradise Loot book and re-read the Jasmine House poem. I wonder if her drawing of Jasmine House would still be accurate today. I re-read Baby Street also....mahalo...tj

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 22, 2009
        they left the next day so I didn't have time to ask much.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 23, 2009
          Maybe when you go over to Honolulu sometime you could finish the interview? It's too good to pass up or can you/I write them? tj

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 27, 2009
            Tom,

            How wonderful to find a living link to both DB and your own family!

            I would imagine that Mr. Basler could provide a sense of what Honolulu
            was like, both pre-war and post-war, and might recall DB's sojourns
            there in 1937, 1939-40 and again in the early 1950s. Was he even born
            when Paradise Loot was published?

            When the opportunity presents itself, I hope you'll be able to obtain
            an oral history to help connect the bits of DB trivia we've collected
            over the years.

            ~~Cadia
          • mauibandb@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 27, 2009
              aloha TJ
              Clint Basler _Baslerclint@..._ (mailto:Baslerclint@...)

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 27, 2009
                His cousin Margo Morgan lives on the house that is on the site of where my
                Great Grandfather's house was. I hope to interview both.
                I think they might have just been born in 1925.

                aloha
                Tom

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 28, 2009
                  Maui Tom; I emailed the Basler's. We'll see what becomes of it. Must be really nice to be able to go back to your 1850's heritage. I'd be taking film for sure. FYI, as of Feb 4th, the Blandingmobile will be pulling out of the driveway and heading East. We plan to do all the Southern States all the way to the Everglades in Florida and be gone for the next 6+ months. We bought a new Macbook with WiFi and so will be able to keep up with all the yahoo groups gossip, as slow as it is. I'll be stopping in Taos NM to do a little personal DB research and also stopping at the Great Plains Museum in Oklahoma. If I get into the Ft. Pierce area, I'll be researching also. Some one has to keep the economy going...ha......tj