Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Fires

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2008
      It appears that they might have a handle on the Paradise fire at this time. They said that 2 weeks ago also and then it flared up again. At last count we had nearly 130 homes burned and one death. I had several friends who lost their homes but I appear to be safe right now. The smoke is choking everyone though. I'm glad I have the Blandingmobile even with the gas prices. We had 3000 firefighters and some National Guardsmen on the front lines. They earn every penny of whatever they are paid. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Hopefully, this week will find the fires being douced...mahalo....tj

      keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote: Tom, Karen, Gayle and other Californians,

      We're thinking of you out here in Colorado. We just got back from a 10-day road trip to
      the East coast...and I wasn't even aware how bad the California fires were.

      Here's hoping that the brave firefighters get the fires under control and that your homes
      and possessions are kept safe and sound...but mainly that YOU folks are safe.

      Keith

      --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Markle" <tjmarkle@...> wrote:

      > The Blandingmobile is forced to be on the move. I have fires within 2
      > miles of my home and THE collection could be at risk. I packed up all
      > my Blanding papers and as much as I could take with me along with all
      > the other house stuff we took. I left all Blanding ceramics, books and
      > stuff I thought I could replace if needed. The Blandingmobile is
      > currently in Oregon, escaping the smoke and fires. As of today it looks
      > like the firefighters are getting a handle on it. I hope so. Just
      > thought y'all should know...tj

    • Jake Williams
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
        Tom,

        Sorry to hear you had to run away from the fire. I hope you home is safe
        and your blanding collection remains fully intact.

        Jake