Re: [aloha-donblanding] Fires

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
      Our prayers and thoughts are with you TJ and Janice
      And everyone else affected.
      aloha
      Tom and Janice Fairbanks
      Maui

      In a message dated 7/12/2008 12:22:23 P.M. Hawaiian Standard Time,
      tjmarkle@... writes:

      The Blandingmobile is forced to be on the move. I have fires within 2
      miles of my home and THE collection could be at risk. I packed up all
      my Blanding papers and as much as I could take with me along with all
      the other house stuff we took. I left all Blanding ceramics, books and
      stuff I thought I could replace if needed. The Blandingmobile is
      currently in Oregon, escaping the smoke and fires. As of today it looks
      like the firefighters are getting a handle on it. I hope so. Just
      thought y'all should know...tj

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2008
        Tom, Karen, Gayle and other Californians,

        We're thinking of you out here in Colorado. We just got back from a 10-day road trip to
        the East coast...and I wasn't even aware how bad the California fires were.

        Here's hoping that the brave firefighters get the fires under control and that your homes
        and possessions are kept safe and sound...but mainly that YOU folks are safe.

        Keith

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 13, 2008
          It appears that they might have a handle on the Paradise fire at this time. They said that 2 weeks ago also and then it flared up again. At last count we had nearly 130 homes burned and one death. I had several friends who lost their homes but I appear to be safe right now. The smoke is choking everyone though. I'm glad I have the Blandingmobile even with the gas prices. We had 3000 firefighters and some National Guardsmen on the front lines. They earn every penny of whatever they are paid. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Hopefully, this week will find the fires being douced...mahalo....tj

          keith2draw <keith2draw@...> wrote: Tom, Karen, Gayle and other Californians,

          We're thinking of you out here in Colorado. We just got back from a 10-day road trip to
          the East coast...and I wasn't even aware how bad the California fires were.

          Here's hoping that the brave firefighters get the fires under control and that your homes
          and possessions are kept safe and sound...but mainly that YOU folks are safe.

          Keith

          --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Markle" <tjmarkle@...> wrote:

          > The Blandingmobile is forced to be on the move. I have fires within 2
          > miles of my home and THE collection could be at risk. I packed up all
          > my Blanding papers and as much as I could take with me along with all
          > the other house stuff we took. I left all Blanding ceramics, books and
          > stuff I thought I could replace if needed. The Blandingmobile is
          > currently in Oregon, escaping the smoke and fires. As of today it looks
          > like the firefighters are getting a handle on it. I hope so. Just
          > thought y'all should know...tj

        • Jake Williams
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
            Tom,

            Sorry to hear you had to run away from the fire. I hope you home is safe
            and your blanding collection remains fully intact.

            Jake