Re: PAINTING of AUNTY PINAU

    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2008
      Hello, all ...

      Thanks so much, Bev, for providing the lead on Hitchcock's painting
      of Aunty Pinau; she's just like I've always pictured her. To be
      painted by the "dean" of Hawaii's arts colony means she was truly
      special! Can anyone decipher the date?

      Tom, check the messages here from 2001 (starting about #2701);
      you'll find several related to Aunty Pinau, including her surname.
      Hope you can uncover more about her among your contacts.

      Welcome, Heidi! How lovely to find an armload of DB's books in one
      place! I thought everyone in the Northwest knew about Powells, the
      Portland equivalent of the late, lamented Shorey's in Seattle where
      I found many of my DB books nearly 30 years ago. Powells' inventory
      of used books is included on the Bookfinder.com search engine and, I
      think, on Addall.com, too.