Re: [aloha-donblanding] PAINTING of AUNTY PINAU

  • mauibandb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2008
      Bev

      Thanks for sending the picture of Aunty Pinau I had tried to research where
      she lived in Hana what her last name was with families there, years ago for
      Keith but to no avail.
      I have reinitiated the search with the new image and information provided.
      I sent it off to several who have long term families there. Hopefully we
      will be more successful this time around.

      aloha
      Maui Tom

      favorites at AOL Food.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2008
        Hello, all ...

        Thanks so much, Bev, for providing the lead on Hitchcock's painting
        of Aunty Pinau; she's just like I've always pictured her. To be
        painted by the "dean" of Hawaii's arts colony means she was truly
        special! Can anyone decipher the date?

        Tom, check the messages here from 2001 (starting about #2701);
        you'll find several related to Aunty Pinau, including her surname.
        Hope you can uncover more about her among your contacts.

        Welcome, Heidi! How lovely to find an armload of DB's books in one
        place! I thought everyone in the Northwest knew about Powells, the
        Portland equivalent of the late, lamented Shorey's in Seattle where
        I found many of my DB books nearly 30 years ago. Powells' inventory
        of used books is included on the Bookfinder.com search engine and, I
        think, on Addall.com, too.