RE: [aloha-donblanding] PAINTING of AUNTY PINAU

    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2008
      How wonderful, Heidi

      Welcome!

      We all love his work.

      Bev.

      _____

      From: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Heidi Wright
      Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:44 PM
      To: aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aloha-donblanding] PAINTING of AUNTY PINAU

      Aloha,

      For years now I have read, almost daily all of the posting to this group. My
      mom died when I was young but I did learn from her the love of all things
      Don Blanding so when I stumbled upon your group years ago I subscribed. I
      feel like I know most of you although we have never met. I live in Olympia
      Wa and this week I was in Portland Oregon and someone told me of a very
      large used bookstore so I went to go see if they had any Don Blanding books
      I did not have. This bookstore is HUGE and I was able to add 5 new books to
      my collection!!!! The book store is called Powells and they have a web site
      where you can check and see what books they have. I could not think of
      anyone who be excited for me about my wonderful luck today except you all.
      So to Bev and the whole group today I found:

      Another Original Vagabond House (I always buy them when I find them to
      give to friends)
      Pilots Bail Out
      Floridays
      Mostly California
      Song of the Seven Senses
      I thought of you all and knew you would understand how excieted I am. So now
      I am going to go crawl into bed and read about Florida or maybe
      Hawaii....... so some other tropical location.
      Heidi

      <mailto:HeidiWrigh%40Yahoo.com> com</font>

      Message 2 of 5 , May 8, 2008
        Bev

        Thanks for sending the picture of Aunty Pinau I had tried to research where
        she lived in Hana what her last name was with families there, years ago for
        Keith but to no avail.
        I have reinitiated the search with the new image and information provided.
        I sent it off to several who have long term families there. Hopefully we
        will be more successful this time around.

        aloha
        Maui Tom

        favorites at AOL Food.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 10, 2008
          Hello, all ...

          Thanks so much, Bev, for providing the lead on Hitchcock's painting
          of Aunty Pinau; she's just like I've always pictured her. To be
          painted by the "dean" of Hawaii's arts colony means she was truly
          special! Can anyone decipher the date?

          Tom, check the messages here from 2001 (starting about #2701);
          you'll find several related to Aunty Pinau, including her surname.
          Hope you can uncover more about her among your contacts.

          Welcome, Heidi! How lovely to find an armload of DB's books in one
          place! I thought everyone in the Northwest knew about Powells, the
          Portland equivalent of the late, lamented Shorey's in Seattle where
          I found many of my DB books nearly 30 years ago. Powells' inventory
          of used books is included on the Bookfinder.com search engine and, I
          think, on Addall.com, too.