Re: Lei Day

    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2008
      Thanks, Tom, for the reminder that today is, indeed, Lei Day in
      Hawaii. In 1928, DB and his good friend Grace Tower Warren certainly
      started a lovely tradition.

      For those who may be new to the group, back in 2001 I transcribed a
      number of articles written by DB for the Star-Bulletin about the idea
      for a Lei Day celebration. The February-March 1928 articles may be
      found in

      Files > Publications > Honolulu Star-Bulletin > 1928 Articles by Don
      Blanding

      I suppose I should complete the project and transcribe material
      published in April and May! (OK, on the to-do list!)

      There are also a few related articles from 1937, 1939 and 1940 in the
      Publications (S-B) file. The 1939 piece seems especially poignant
      given the state of world affairs today.

      Happy Lei Day! Even here on the mainland I'm sure we can come up
      with an orchid or two to wear in honor of DB and Grace.

      ~~Cadia
    • mauibandb@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 3, 2008
        Thanks TJ

        Forgot the group. We had a wonderful lei day in hawaii.

        aloha
        Maui Tom

        favorites at AOL Food.