Lei Day

  • Tom Markle
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2008
      Aloha Hawaii and Lei Day from the mainland peoples......tj
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2008
        Thanks, Tom, for the reminder that today is, indeed, Lei Day in
        Hawaii. In 1928, DB and his good friend Grace Tower Warren certainly
        started a lovely tradition.

        For those who may be new to the group, back in 2001 I transcribed a
        number of articles written by DB for the Star-Bulletin about the idea
        for a Lei Day celebration. The February-March 1928 articles may be
        found in

        Files > Publications > Honolulu Star-Bulletin > 1928 Articles by Don
        Blanding

        I suppose I should complete the project and transcribe material
        published in April and May! (OK, on the to-do list!)

        There are also a few related articles from 1937, 1939 and 1940 in the
        Publications (S-B) file. The 1939 piece seems especially poignant
        given the state of world affairs today.

        Happy Lei Day! Even here on the mainland I'm sure we can come up
        with an orchid or two to wear in honor of DB and Grace.

        ~~Cadia
      • mauibandb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 3, 2008
          Thanks TJ

          Forgot the group. We had a wonderful lei day in hawaii.

          aloha
          Maui Tom

          favorites at AOL Food.