Re: Jimmy Buffet

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2008
      From Keith's list of poems:

      Via "Coconut Wireless"
      Drifter's Gold, pp. 52-53, 1939
      Hawaii Says Aloha, pp. 110-111, 1955

      I don't know if this poem is part of the Jimmy Buffet album, but you
      can find the text in either book.

      ~~C~~
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2008
        Buffett's album Coconut Telegraph doesn't have a DB
        poem in it. At least not the album I looked at. I
        think the album title is taken from DB's Coconut
        Wireless poem however. I bought Buffett's album,
        Vocano, which has a DB poem on the inside cover in a
        very prominent position. As best I can tell at the
        moment there are only two Buffett albums with DB poems
        in them; Floridays and Volcano. Some of the other
        albums I viewed didn't have the slip covers with them
        so I don't know if they might have had DB poems or
        references. Always interesting to see the influence
        of DB on modern day people...tj