Don Blanding sheet music from 1919!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
      I just bought a piece of sheet music from ebay for $8.49 - "You Are All The World To Me" by
      Don Blanding and Henry Voit, 1919 published by Henry Voit, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.

      This is obviously before Don published anything in the way of music or writing. In 1919 he
      was living in Rockford, Illinois...heading up the Art League there and teaching at the local
      college part-time.

      My best guess is that he was involved in a musical or something and he and Henry wrote the
      song and had it published. Wauwatosa, Wisconsin is about 90 miles from Rockford.

      I don't think the cover of the piece is illustrated by Don, but I'll know for sure when the
      package arrives. I've put a copy of the music in Files > Illustrations > Sheet Music

      or try going to the following link:

      Happy New Year!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
        Keith ...

        Very nice find! As it happens, tonight I began reading more Star-
        Bulletin microfilm for 1919. I'll keep an eye out for any mention of
        the sheet music.