Re: [aloha-donblanding] Re: Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 1956-1957 columns

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2007
      I look at my columns and Dec 1st, 1956 is also
      missing. I have April 13th, and 20th 1957 columns
      that I will mail to you. tj

      Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

      > TJ, that is so kind of you!
      >
      > When I obtained the 1956-1957 S-B columns from the
      > University of
      > Hawaii back in 2000, the December 1, 1956 column was
      > missing.
      >
      > I also would not mind having the April 13 and April
      > 20, 1957 columns;
      > the photocopies I received from UH are negative
      > images and a bit hard
      > to read the white on black.
      >
      > So if you could send me these 3 columns, I'll have a
      > complete file for
      > these 2 years. My address is on my website; just
      > google my name and
      > you'll find it!
      >
      > Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
      >
      > ~~Cadia

    • canoeist35
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
        > Some of these columns talk about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I
        > especially enjoy the one about DB's Christmas dinner in 1913. Enjoy!--
        Cadia

        Couldn't be any more vivid, that Christmas column! Wonderful timing
        with these; thanks. Had to copy down his strawberry hard sauce recipe,
        but I wonder how well strawberries, sugar, and butter will really work
        together....

        Michael