Re: [aloha-donblanding] Honolulu Star-Bulletin, October-December 1954 columns

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2007
      Cadia, I have all columns from Honolulu Star Bulletin
      from Jan 7, 1956 to April 1957. I could mail them to
      you if you don't have them already. These are
      reprints I found some years ago. If you want or need
      them, email me an address to mail to. tj

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 22, 2007
        TJ, that is so kind of you!

        When I obtained the 1956-1957 S-B columns from the University of
        Hawaii back in 2000, the December 1, 1956 column was missing.

        I also would not mind having the April 13 and April 20, 1957 columns;
        the photocopies I received from UH are negative images and a bit hard
        to read the white on black.

        So if you could send me these 3 columns, I'll have a complete file for
        these 2 years. My address is on my website; just google my name and
        you'll find it!

        Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2007
          I look at my columns and Dec 1st, 1956 is also
          missing. I have April 13th, and 20th 1957 columns
          that I will mail to you. tj

          Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

          > TJ, that is so kind of you!
          >
          > When I obtained the 1956-1957 S-B columns from the
          > University of
          > Hawaii back in 2000, the December 1, 1956 column was
          > missing.
          >
          > I also would not mind having the April 13 and April
          > 20, 1957 columns;
          > the photocopies I received from UH are negative
          > images and a bit hard
          > to read the white on black.
          >
          > So if you could send me these 3 columns, I'll have a
          > complete file for
          > these 2 years. My address is on my website; just
          > google my name and
          > you'll find it!
          >
          > Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
          >
          > ~~Cadia

        • canoeist35
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
            > Some of these columns talk about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I
            > especially enjoy the one about DB's Christmas dinner in 1913. Enjoy!--
            Cadia

            Couldn't be any more vivid, that Christmas column! Wonderful timing
            with these; thanks. Had to copy down his strawberry hard sauce recipe,
            but I wonder how well strawberries, sugar, and butter will really work
            together....

            Michael