Re: [aloha-donblanding] Honolulu Star-Bulletin, October-December 1954 columns

  • Robert Richmond
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
      Cadia, these Honolulu Star-Bulletin columns from near the end of Don's
      life are just wonderful - keep 'em coming.

      Y'all read the column from November 19th, 1954 about blood donation.
      I'm a pathologist who spent a season as a community blood banker - was
      also a blood donor until I became medically unqualified - been there
      and done that. And nothing Don says here has changed, more than fifty
      years later.

      Bob Richmond
      Knoxville TN, but born at Tripler
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2007
        Cadia, I have all columns from Honolulu Star Bulletin
        from Jan 7, 1956 to April 1957. I could mail them to
        you if you don't have them already. These are
        reprints I found some years ago. If you want or need
        them, email me an address to mail to. tj

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2007
          TJ, that is so kind of you!

          When I obtained the 1956-1957 S-B columns from the University of
          Hawaii back in 2000, the December 1, 1956 column was missing.

          I also would not mind having the April 13 and April 20, 1957 columns;
          the photocopies I received from UH are negative images and a bit hard
          to read the white on black.

          So if you could send me these 3 columns, I'll have a complete file for
          these 2 years. My address is on my website; just google my name and
          you'll find it!

          Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 22, 2007
            I look at my columns and Dec 1st, 1956 is also
            missing. I have April 13th, and 20th 1957 columns
            that I will mail to you. tj

            Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

            > TJ, that is so kind of you!
            >
            > When I obtained the 1956-1957 S-B columns from the
            > University of
            > Hawaii back in 2000, the December 1, 1956 column was
            > missing.
            >
            > I also would not mind having the April 13 and April
            > 20, 1957 columns;
            > the photocopies I received from UH are negative
            > images and a bit hard
            > to read the white on black.
            >
            > So if you could send me these 3 columns, I'll have a
            > complete file for
            > these 2 years. My address is on my website; just
            > google my name and
            > you'll find it!
            >
            > Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
            >
            > ~~Cadia

          • canoeist35
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
              > Some of these columns talk about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I
              > especially enjoy the one about DB's Christmas dinner in 1913. Enjoy!--
              Cadia

              Couldn't be any more vivid, that Christmas column! Wonderful timing
              with these; thanks. Had to copy down his strawberry hard sauce recipe,
              but I wonder how well strawberries, sugar, and butter will really work
              together....

              Michael