Honolulu Star-Bulletin, October-December 1954 columns

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
      Hello, all ...

      I have added another 3 months of Star-Bulletin columns published in
      October-December 1954:

      Files > Publications > Honolulu Star-Bulletin > 1954 Columns

      You may also read them at

      http://www.speakeasy.org/~duchess/db-aloha54-4.html

      Some of these columns talk about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I
      especially enjoy the one about DB's Christmas dinner in 1913.

      Enjoy!

      ~~Cadia
    • Robert Richmond
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2007
        Cadia, these Honolulu Star-Bulletin columns from near the end of Don's
        life are just wonderful - keep 'em coming.

        Y'all read the column from November 19th, 1954 about blood donation.
        I'm a pathologist who spent a season as a community blood banker - was
        also a blood donor until I became medically unqualified - been there
        and done that. And nothing Don says here has changed, more than fifty
        years later.

        Bob Richmond
        Knoxville TN, but born at Tripler
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2007
          Cadia, I have all columns from Honolulu Star Bulletin
          from Jan 7, 1956 to April 1957. I could mail them to
          you if you don't have them already. These are
          reprints I found some years ago. If you want or need
          them, email me an address to mail to. tj

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 22, 2007
            TJ, that is so kind of you!

            When I obtained the 1956-1957 S-B columns from the University of
            Hawaii back in 2000, the December 1, 1956 column was missing.

            I also would not mind having the April 13 and April 20, 1957 columns;
            the photocopies I received from UH are negative images and a bit hard
            to read the white on black.

            So if you could send me these 3 columns, I'll have a complete file for
            these 2 years. My address is on my website; just google my name and
            you'll find it!

            Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2007
              I look at my columns and Dec 1st, 1956 is also
              missing. I have April 13th, and 20th 1957 columns
              that I will mail to you. tj

              Cadia Los <duchess@...> wrote:

              > TJ, that is so kind of you!
              >
              > When I obtained the 1956-1957 S-B columns from the
              > University of
              > Hawaii back in 2000, the December 1, 1956 column was
              > missing.
              >
              > I also would not mind having the April 13 and April
              > 20, 1957 columns;
              > the photocopies I received from UH are negative
              > images and a bit hard
              > to read the white on black.
              >
              > So if you could send me these 3 columns, I'll have a
              > complete file for
              > these 2 years. My address is on my website; just
              > google my name and
              > you'll find it!
              >
              > Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!
              >
              > ~~Cadia

            • canoeist35
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 26, 2007
                > Some of these columns talk about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I
                > especially enjoy the one about DB's Christmas dinner in 1913. Enjoy!--
                Cadia

                Couldn't be any more vivid, that Christmas column! Wonderful timing
                with these; thanks. Had to copy down his strawberry hard sauce recipe,
                but I wonder how well strawberries, sugar, and butter will really work
                together....

                Michael