Shirt tail relatives found

  • Tom Markle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2007
      Thanks to Jean Souza (Mandarin Books) I was able to talk with some very distant relatives of
      DB. Jean gave them my email address from which they contacted me. As best I can piece
      this together so far, my new contacts would be relatives of the Hudson family branch. If I
      remember correctly, Charles Hudson (Uncle) was the bank president in Bend Oregon that Don
      worked for right after high school. My contact lived in Lousiana and Don would stop by the
      house and stay a few days. My contacts mother was the relative of Don and has passed on.
      The lady I spoke to today is 84 and she is taking care of her sister who is 91. She says she
      was only 10-11 years old when Don would stop by. She remembered him as very handsome
      and engaging and a lot of fun. She is now going to sit down with her sister and write out
      their memories of Don, his visits and then see if any other family might have information or
      memoriabilia. She says that her mom (Don's immediate relative) did not keep any
      correspondence from Don though she knows they wrote each other. Most everything was
      discarded. I'm not sure what we will gather from this but its a start. Those of us doing
      geneology might want to track this though its not directly related to the Benson/Kimble/
      Blanding side. I'll keep posting if I get anything of significance or interest. Kinda fun to get
      these emails out of the blue though....tj