Photo of Helen Alexander, 1918

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2007
      In reading more microfilm from the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, I came
      across a photo of Helen Alexander, proprietor of Laniakea where DB had
      a studio in 1917. The photo was published on October 5, 1918,
      shortly after Helen left Hononlulu en route to do canteen work in
      France.

      You'll find it at

      Files > Photos > Friends & Family

      ~~Cadia
    • bevleinbac
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2008
        --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Cadia Los" <duchess@...>
        wrote:

        > In reading more microfilm from the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, I came
        > across a photo of Helen Alexander, proprietor of Laniakea where DB
        had
        > a studio in 1917. The photo was published on October 5, 1918,
        > shortly after Helen left Hononlulu en route to do canteen work in
        > France.
        Cadia & Keith,

        What do you know about Helen Alexander? Was she called Helen of
        Honolulu?