Re: DB

  • canoeist35
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
      --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, Bev Leinbach <bevbach@...>
      wrote:

      > I DON'T RECALL IF I SHRED THIS WITH YOU ALL BEFORE OR NOT. IN A
      PHONE CALL WITH JACK LONDON'S RELATIVE WHO KNEW DON, ...

      Bev, I wondered about your changing the thread title here until I read
      the old thread that it linked. In between my original post
      ("Curious") and my slightly peevish postscript of a couple days ago, I
      had gone back and read seven months of posts from 2000--but I started
      with the peak posting month of February, so I missed the posts from
      Dorothy Binney's nephew in January. Thanks.

      Michael
    • canoeist35
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 7, 2007
        --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "canoeist35" <canoeist35@...>
        wrote:
        > had gone back and read seven months of posts from 2000--but I started
        > with the peak posting month of February, so I missed the posts from
        > Dorothy Binney's nephew in January. Thanks. > Michael

        This thread links back to those January 2000 posts, as I hope shows up
        in the threading chain that may accompany this. There were two very
        interesting posts there from Haven Putnam, who talks of his memories of
        Don and also of researching for a possible book. Did he ever return to
        this board? Did he ever share more of his own knowledge of DB and
        Dorothy? Given the passage of time, his direct connection to DB seems
        like a precious source for information. I'm just curious if anyone
        stayed in touch with him subsequently, or managed to nail down some of
        his memories in a written format? --Michael
      • canoeist35
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 16, 2007
          No replies to this must mean no, I take it. I emailed Bob Haven Putnam
          at the SN he had been using back then, haven't heard anything.
          Couldn't find him via google. Still seems a precious link to direct-
          contact knowledge of Don. --Michael