DB

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
      I DON'T RECALL IF I SHRED THIS WITH YOU ALL BEFORE OR NOT. IN A PHONE CALL WITH JACK LONDON'S RELATIVE WHO KNEW DON, I ASKED ABOUT DON'S SEXUAL ORIENTATION. HE SAID DON WAS GAY, BUT IN THOSE DAYS NOBODY ON THE LONDON RANCH CARRIED ABOUT IT.

    • canoeist35
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 14, 2007
        --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, Bev Leinbach <bevbach@...>
        wrote:

        > I DON'T RECALL IF I SHRED THIS WITH YOU ALL BEFORE OR NOT. IN A
        PHONE CALL WITH JACK LONDON'S RELATIVE WHO KNEW DON, ...

        Bev, I wondered about your changing the thread title here until I read
        the old thread that it linked. In between my original post
        ("Curious") and my slightly peevish postscript of a couple days ago, I
        had gone back and read seven months of posts from 2000--but I started
        with the peak posting month of February, so I missed the posts from
        Dorothy Binney's nephew in January. Thanks.

        Michael
      • canoeist35
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 7, 2007
          --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "canoeist35" <canoeist35@...>
          wrote:
          > had gone back and read seven months of posts from 2000--but I started
          > with the peak posting month of February, so I missed the posts from
          > Dorothy Binney's nephew in January. Thanks. > Michael

          This thread links back to those January 2000 posts, as I hope shows up
          in the threading chain that may accompany this. There were two very
          interesting posts there from Haven Putnam, who talks of his memories of
          Don and also of researching for a possible book. Did he ever return to
          this board? Did he ever share more of his own knowledge of DB and
          Dorothy? Given the passage of time, his direct connection to DB seems
          like a precious source for information. I'm just curious if anyone
          stayed in touch with him subsequently, or managed to nail down some of
          his memories in a written format? --Michael
        • canoeist35
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 16, 2007
            No replies to this must mean no, I take it. I emailed Bob Haven Putnam
            at the SN he had been using back then, haven't heard anything.
            Couldn't find him via google. Still seems a precious link to direct-
            contact knowledge of Don. --Michael