Re: We've created a monster....

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2007
      Most of the major purchases have been me, per usual. My ultimate goal
      is to gift much of the stuff that I have amassed to a museum (perhaps
      MOCAD) when I can afford to do so. In the meantime, I was recently
      offered $20,000 for my set of blue Coral Reef (the only "complete" set
      I am aware of in the world). Prices are indeed getting crazy!

      Sorry I wasnt getting emails, yahoo had the wrong old email for me.

      Aloha, Michael "wekeula"

      --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Cotter"
      <doggydan@...> wrote:

      > Did you hear that knocking? That was me, banging my head against
      the wall.

      > My mother had the blue Hawaiian Flowers teapot, sugar bowl and
      creamer and one large coffee cup and saucer. When we divvied up our
      mother's trove, My sister took the teapot (no one liked it or used it
      as the design was nuts - the handle was - as you all know - bent in a
      "loop" downward and the spout tilted upward. If you tilted the pot
      enough by the koo koo handle, the tea ran out under the lid before it
      ran out the spout!
      > Lots of tea on the table and none in the cup.
      >
      > Beautiful to look at, horrid to use. Anyway, my sister took the
      teapot and the sugar bowl and creamer. I chose the cup and saucer as
      I knew I would use it and enjoy it. And so I have. However, when I
      saw the escalating prices recently I e-mailed my sister as she is an
      eBay freak as am I. She sadly told me she'd broken the teapot some
      years ago by accident. Washed it and was holding it over the sink by
      the "loopy" handle and lost her soapy grip on it. Too bad, so sad.
      She does use the sugar and creamer though. We are pleased to see the
      escalating prices as we both have some Blanding odds and ends we
      picked up for nuttin' back in our garage and estate sale-ing days in
      the early '70s. You guys don't want to know what we paid for those
      things back then. *heh heh* All plates, however, nothing special.

      > Karen Leilani -

      STILL didn't get it (and I
      > shouldn't have even been bidding at all due to my short supply of
      funds...but I couldn't
      > resist). There's folks bidding on Blanding stuff that I've never
      seen before. More and more
      > folks coming out of the woodwork. I realy think that alot of them
      are Vernon Kilns
      > collectors who are branching out...and some others are Hawaiiana
      collectors (tiki stuff is a
      > a real craze right now).
      >
      > But just remember what Don would say...it's all just stuff. Almost
      everything exept the
      > personalized letters will come along again another day.

      > --- In aloha-donblanding@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Markle" <tjmarkle@>
      wrote:

      > > Try as I might, I don't have the bread to buy and bid on our
      Ebay site.......I just keep